Welding students learn to construct and repair equipment, machinery, parts and piping by fusing metal parts together. Students follow layouts, blueprints, work orders and verbal directions using oxyacetylene, MIG, TIG or arc welding apparatus. When prepared, students can take a test required for specific welding certifications.
- MIG, TIG, Stick, and Flux Core Welding
- Oxyfuel welding, brazing, and cutting
- CNC plasma cutting
- Angle grinder and hand tool operation
- Basic metal fabrication
- Reading of blueprints and weld symbols
- Meyda Tiffany
- Hermosa Corp./Di-Highway Sign and Structure Corp.
- Rolling Star Trailers,
- and opportunities for many others!
Opportunities for Additional Education in the Field
Opportunity to test for and earn AWS welding certifications.
Articulation Agreements/College Credit
MVCC - Partial-credit toward the welding degree program.
Potential Careers with CTE Training
Shop fabrication, manufacturing and other entry-level welding opportunities.
Potential Careers with Additional Training
- Union opportunities (ironworkers etc.)
- Pipe welding
- Underwater welding
- Aerospace welding
- Nuclear welding
- Welding engineering