Per SED COSER guidelines, general staff development services to districts required that BOCES establish a base-fee structure and that a district subscribe to the base service before a district can receive aid on staff development services. The fee is determined by the number of students in the district. Activities and benefits included in the base service are as follows:
- Aid for district staff attendance in shared district workshops
- Aid for in-district staff training / consultation by BOCES employees
- Aid for substitute teachers for participants attending half- or full-day training
- Aid for cooperative curriculum development projects involving at least two districts
- Successive sharing of consultants in district after shared activity
- Aid for Inquiry Based Data Driven Professional Development BOCES network teams will also work with district inquiry teams to develop and enhance eff ective instructional practices that ensure student growth and enhance school climate. The process involves four distinct phases: 1) Self-Study Tool 2) Action Planning 3) Implementation of Intervention 4) Assessment of Results. On-going facilitation by BOCES staff is provided.