About MV STEM Hub
The mission of the Greater Mohawk Valley STEM Hub is to: Advance STEM education through innovative teaching and collaboration to prepare all students for success in the 21st century.
WHY STEM? WHY NOW?
• Create a workforce with 21st century skills, strong in STEM; connect education and private enterprise to create jobs; prepare for tomorrow by encouraging learning opportunities in STEM; leverage existing partnerships and build new and deeper collaborations.
• Align workforce and education investments with priority on building STEM programs.
• Ensure that the region’s K-12 students develop 21st century skills aligned with specific industry clusters.
• Address regional workforce shortages in clean technology, biomedical, nanotechnology, information technologies, cyber security, healthcare, agriculture, and other key fields.
• Need for investment in K-12 education and for STEM programs to motivate children to pursue higher education in fields such as math, science and engineering.