Policies for Nutrition
- Establish limits or standards for fundraising that do not include food;
- Prohibit the use of foods and beverages as reward or punishment;
- Limit the frequency of classroom celebrations that include food, and provide recommendations for non-food celebrations and healthy classroom celebrations; and
- Require that students have at least 10 minutes to eat after sitting down for breakfast and 20 minutes after sitting down for lunch.
- Increase participation in the School Meal (Breakfast and Lunch) Programs;
- Increase the availability and consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables; and
- Reduce the availability and consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages.