Regional Program for Excellence
Students spend at least 72-75 hours in a work setting, completing an internship with respected professionals as mentors.
Students have a choice of completing these hours during the Summer Program or School Year Program.
Fifteen hours a week for five weeks, beginning after the July 4 holiday.
School Year Program
Three hours, one day per week for 24 weeks from October through April. Students have the option to switch to a second placement halfway through the School Year Program.
To qualify, students must:
- Be a high school junior or senior.
- Have at least a B+ average (and maintain this average throughout their internship).
- Be able to make up any schoolwork missed due to participation in their internship.
- Be able to schedule other commitments around their internship.
- Be able to maintain excellent and timely communication with their internship mentor and RPE staff.
- Be able to provide their own transportation to and from their internship.
Students participating in the Regional Program for Excellence are required to:
- Write an evaluation of each placement and a program assessment of their internship experience.
- Attend a mandatory orientation in the evening.
- Complete and submit objectives and goals of their internship, as well as weekly activity logs.
- Attend a mandatory ceremony and present a table display or a short oral presentation that summarizes their program experience.
For more information, contact:
Director, School to Career Programs