Are there any requirements for using SNAP?
- You must have an active SNAP account.
- Your school district must subscribe to the Oneida-Herkimer-Madison SNAP Streaming Media Service to access streaming media assets such as videos and digital images.
- You must have a network connection. A connection to a network is necessary for user authentication and initial data download.
- You must be logged in using the specific account that is designated for your district.
What do I do if my email address, school building or name needs to be changed on my SNAP Account?
- From the SNAP login page, click on the Words "Request a SNAP Account" and the system will present a web form. The form can be used to revise the information associated with your existing account, including grade level changes, school building changes, last name and email address changes. Just be sure to click the radio button for Revised/Resubmitted Request. Complete this form to submit changes for your account. Contact Media Services at 315.793.8516, or send an email to Mediacenter@oneida-boces.org, if you have any questions about your login credentials after you submit the form.
What do I do if I forgot my SNAP username and password?
Where can I find out more information regarding copyright laws and fair use?Vimeo has a nice summary of copyright law as it pertains to videos and the content of videos.See these useful resources:
- From the SNAP login page, click on the Words "Forgot your password?" and the system will present a web form. Complete this form to reset your password and the system will email you the temporary password. You may also contact the Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES service desk to obtain your username and password. Contact Media Services at 315.793.8516, or send an email to Mediacenter@oneida-boces.org, if you have any questions about your login credentials.
Vimeo Copyright http://vimeo.com/help/faq/legal-stuff/copyright Vimeo Creative Commons http://vimeo.com/help/faq/legal-stuff/creative-commons Vimeo Fair Use http://vimeo.com/help/faq/legal-stuff/fair-use Stanford University Copyright & Fair Use Overview http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/SNAP Content:
How do I make suggestions for material to be included in the SNAP collection?
- Use our forms page to access the form links for the following:
Multiple/Audio Books New Title Suggestion Form
Music New Title Suggestion Form
Off Air Recording Request Form
Snap Account Request Form
Snap Request For Purchase
I see this message "Cannot load M3U8: 404 Not Found" in the player window. What does it mean?
- The video may have been removed from the Snap Catalog. Contact Media Services with the title of the video that will not play for you. Email contact is: email@example.com.
Phone - 315.793.8516 during normal business hours.
A video will not play for me. How do I correct the problem?
- You may have an older version of the player in your browser's cache. See How To Clear Cache in Every Major Browser for instructions on how to clear your browser's cache.