Student Ambassador Program
By creating a Student Ambassador Program, P-TECH OHM hopes to celebrate individual achievement by creating a culture of learning that values academic success, encourages citizenship, and elevates awareness of student contributions to the entirety of the P-TECH OHM community.
- An e-mail is sent out to the faculty and students asking them to nominate students to be considered for the P-TECH Student Ambassador award. Nominations will be submitted to Mrs. Warner via e-mail at the end of each month.
- A committee made up of faculty members convenes roughly two days prior to the announcement.
- The committee will select one student per grade level each month, in grades 9-11.
- Student Ambassadors will earn privileges throughout the month. Students will also be invited to participate in various P-TECH events that showcase their leadership and citizenship skills, as well as serving on the Student Leadership Team.
- Student recipient(s) will be celebrated during the following month after the announcement is made (ex. throughout the month of October, “September Ambassador(s)” will be celebrated)
Recipients will be recognized in the following ways:
- Certificate of Recognition
- Names and school districts posted on the P-TECH website
- Names and bios featured in the P-TECH newsletter
- Honored in end of the year recognition event(s)
Criteria for nomination: A P-TECH OHM teacher, student, administrator, or school counselor may nominate a student for P-TECH OHM Student Ambassador based upon any or all of the following criteria:
- Outstanding grades
- Marked improvement in grades
- Outstanding Effort
- Exemplary attendance
- Overall achievement
- Consideration to others
- Academic curiosity
- Outstanding attitude/disposition
- Community involvement/service
- Other: _______________________
The nomination form will also require a written explanation as to why the student should be selected for the award. Teachers are encouraged to consider the students’ contributions up to that point, rather than a specific start and end date timeline.
- Once selected by the Student Ambassador committee, the name of the students will be passed onto administration for final approval. Administration may reject the committee’s selection because of disciplinary issues, attendance concerns, etc. In this case, the committee will consider another candidate.
- The committee may also approach the teachers of the students selected for that month. This is to ensure that the best candidate is selected and that there are no underlying issues throughout his/her daily schedule.
- Students who are selected will not be able to earn the award again that school year. They will be eligible to earn the distinction again in the September of the following school year.
- Nominations will carry over from month to month and re-nominations are welcome.
- Only those who win the award will be recognized; other nominees will not be disclosed outside the nomination committee.