- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication plan targeted to community audiences, schools, business and industry and parents articulating the urgency of delivering STEM instruction and the skills needed to meet global, national and regional economic development and workforce needs.
- Extend trans-disciplinary inquiry and project-based STEM instruction to elementary and middle school grade levels.
- Develop in collaboration with business and industry credit-bearing high school course sequence in STEM blending virtual and project based opportunities to achieve mastery and lead towards articulated and/or dual credit attainment.
- Implement a menu of professional learning opportunities under the BOCES umbrella that provides opportunity for educators to extend their STEM knowledge and experience as well as develop inquiry based trans-disciplinary and real-world units to advance student understanding of STEM.
- Promote and coordinate the region’s school and business alliance assets offering students the opportunity to explore 21st century careers and education paths.
- Develop an economic development advisory council of key stakeholders to inform the work of the STEM Hub.
Last Modified on March 29, 2017